An incredible quantity of artworks, above all for a private house. The Boschi Di Stefano Museum House possesses masterpieces by Carrà, Fontana, De Chirico, Sironi, De Pisis and Boccioni.
It was created by virtue of the couple who lived there, Antonio Boschi (1896-1988) and his wife Marieda Di Stefano (1901-1968), who were keen collectors of art. Today the museum comprises a selection of over two hundred works, which were donated to the Municipality of Milan in 1974. The collection provides an interesting portrait of the history of 20th century Italian art.
The “Novecento Italiano” room is particularly interesting, with works by Funi, Marussig, Tozzi, Carrà and Casorati.
Anecdotes and curiosities
The “Giubo”, or “giunto Boschi”, Boschi joint: this is an ornament in gold-plated metal, a reproduction of an engine part presented to Boschi by his colleagues at work on the occasion of his fortieth year at Pirelli.
Not to lost
Not to be missed are the 1855 works collected by the engineer Boschi.
The “Sironi room”, entirely dedicated to the artist, also includes sculptures by Arturo Martini.