One can choose to navigate the Navigli (canals) for a few leisurely hours or an entire day admiring a myriad of landscapes along the way. The boat trips proceed by bicycle or by horse drawn carriage along naturalistic and historical paths with a pause to satisfy the palate with local wines and typical dishes like risotto, cheese and the famous salami.
Visitors can reach the nature reserves like the Parco del Ticino, with its pedestrian and cyclist routes, to delve into nature, pleasantly leaving behind the chaos of the city. Alternatively they can opt for a visit to the Parco Adda Nord at the centre of a protected area abounding in hills, lakes and areas of dense vegetation which also coverts artistic wonders like beautiful 18th century villas and the archeological industrial sites of great historic interest. Another visit not to be missed is the Parco Agricolo Sud Milano, a valuable hydraulic source for agriculture and for the natural ecosystems of the surrounding woods, parks and oasis. Previous inhabitants have left behind important historical testimonies like artistic and cultural sites, palaces and castles, fortified agricultural structures and the typical Milanese farmsteads with charming courtyards.
Traveling along the Navigli is a wonderful way to discover the traditions and the artistic beauty of the land and, above all, perfect for emerging oneself in uncontaminated beauty.
- Itinerario delle Conche (Canal basins)
- Itinerario dei Fontanili e degli Aironi di Milano (Waterways and birdwatching)
- Itinerario delle Delizie (Gastronomy)
- Itinerario dell’Ecomuseo (Eco-museum)
- Itinerario nel Parco del Ticino (Ticino Park)
It is possible to navigate along the Navigli until the end of September. The service has 3 options:
- Tourist packages: routes linked to excursions of half a day or an entire day. As well as the navigation there are itineraries that allow the visitor to fully enjoy the territory, its historical and artistic beauty and local gastronomic specialties.
- Pre booked programmes: fixed routes and timetable.
- Private and evening bookings: it is possible to rent different types of boats for events, meetings and parties choosing one of the four itineraries available.
Booking: Navigli Lombardi s.c.a.r.l.
Tel + 39 02 33227336
Milano AmaMi Card users can benefit from special concessions on the Conca Itinerary