NOTICE: AREA C RESTRICTIONS WILL COME BACK INTO FORCE ON SEPTEMBER 17th, 2012
From July 26th to September 16th inclusive Area C restrictions will continue to be suspended
General Description of Area C traffic restrictions
As of January 16th, 2012, an entrance fee must be paid to enter the Cerchia dei Bastioni Limited Traffic Zone (ZTL) with a private or commercial vehicle.
The restrictions, known as Area C (Congestion Charge), and approved by the City Council on a trial basis for a period of 18 months, operates on weekdays
and replaces the Ecopass - ZTL Cerchia dei Bastioni system that, from January 1st 2012, is no longer operative.
Free access to Area C for:
• Authorised electric vehicles;
• Hybrid, bi-fuel, LPG and CNG vehicles will be exempt from payment until December 31st 2012.
Access with payment:
• Vehicles fuelled by petrol Euro 1 and successive categories;
• Vehicles fuelled by gasoline/diesel Euro 4 and successive categories.
Prohibited access and transit:
• vehicles longer than 7 metres;
• vehicles fuelled by gasoline Euro 0, 1, 2, 3 except authorised vehicles;
• vehicles fuelled by petrol Euro 0.
A one year tariff exemption applies for:
• Tourist buses fuelled by gasoline Euro 3;
• Vehicles fuelled by gasoline Euro 3 owned by persons who are residents or occupants inside the ZTL Cerchia dei Bastioni;
• Vehicles used for transport, fuelled by gasoline Euro 3, fulfilling specific requirements related to public utilities and housing services.
Exempt from payment tariff
• Vehicles used for public utility services limited to emergency operations and services of public interest;
• police and armed forces vehicles;
• ambulance services;
• vehicles used for disabled transport;
• vehicles for public transport services, taxis and hired vehicles with driver up to 9 seats;
• mopeds, motorcycles;
• vehicles owned by public bodies.
• All vehicles: 5,00 euro
• Vehicles owned by residents and occupants in the Cerchia dei Bastioni: 2,00 euro, following registration. The tariff is applied from the 41st annual access. The first 40 accesses are free.
• Vehicles used to transport “service goods”:
5,00 euro. The tariff includes free parking for the first 2 hours on blue parking lines;
3,00 euro without the option of free parking.
Vehicles used to transport “service goods" must be registered.
The tariff rates for vehicles used to transport "service goods" will remain in force for the first six months of the restrictions, their eventual inclusion in the entire duration of the trial will then be evaluated.
Methods of payment
• Direct debit from current account ;
• Cash payment at retailers and parking meters;
• By credit card at parking meters, on the website, from the call center and at branches of the Intesa San Paolo bank;
• With PagoBancomat at the parking meters and branches of the Intesa San Paolo bank.
Registration on the www.areac.it website for residents, occupants and garage owners in the Cerchia dei Bastioni area and for service traffic is operative from January 16th, 2012.
FOR ALL DETAILS CONTACT +39020202 OR VISIT THE WEBSITE www.areac.it