Palazzo Melzi di Cusano, late neoclassical style
  •       >

Palazzo Melzi di Cusano

General information

The Palazzo Melzi di Cusano is a noble building, located in Via Montenapoleone 18, in the heart of the fashion district.
The structure was designed by Bareggi in 1700, only to be completed in 1840 by Erasmus Lucini. Its late neo classical style is characterised by gigantic Ionic columns surmounted by a gable, the interior is also decorated in neoclassical style.

For decades now the building (approximately 5,000m2) has been owned by the Melzi, an ancient Milanese family and is considered to be one of the most interesting buildings in the city by property developers and connoisseurs.

Today the building houses the Museo del Rasoio (The Razor Museum); the most important collections are those of G. Lorenzi, as well as the systematic collection of shaving instruments that places special focus on technological innovations.

Mediagallery

    • loading
      • Ticket information

        The Museum is available for visits only with advance reservations

      • loading